Logo

6hp evinrude broken plastic handle

J

john Papadonis

" Have a 1997 6hp evinrude w/

" Have a 1997 6hp evinrude w/ a broken plastic lift handle. I know that I have to remove the bolt the holds the entire tilt mech. together. However, after removing the nut, the bolt doesn't see to want to slide out. any ideas on how to remove this bolt?

john "

" John,

That bolt can becom

" John,

That bolt can become frozen in place so badly that removing it intact is often impossible.

If it does not come out with a few blows from a hammer (leave the nut on so that the threads are not damaged too much), the best thing to do is take a hacksaw and cut the bolt in two locations (between the side and swivel brackets). You can do this without damaging the side brackets or the swivel bracket, but you will damage the conical washer.

Once you get it apart you can drill out the pieces of the bolt that are frozen. You will need a new bolt and rubber washer.

Tony "

" I have an 92 6 HP Evinrude o

" I have an 92 6 HP Evinrude outboard motor in great condition. It's been stored for about 2 years in a good environment. It cranked immediately today however there is no water coming out from the engine from the cooling process. I submerged the entire bottom transom into a large water filled container but couldn't get one drop. Of course I didn't run it long. When inspecting the short hose from engine block to outer shell it is clear, and the intake on bottom of transom appears clear with all screen filter intact. Any suggestions? "

my guess is that you probably

my guess is that you probably need a new water pump impeller.

Back