Logo

Oilleakage betwwen motor and raw waterpump

sanjac

I have a 6 cylinder 120 hp Ford Lehman dieselmotor.
This motor is equipped with a Jabsco raw waterpump for exhause cooling.
My problem is that the motoroil keeps leaking between the motorinputflange and the pump outputflange.
I repaced the gasket which is mounted there, several times with several different materials.
I used a paper gasket 0,8 mm. a cork gasket 2 mm (both made by myself) and an original gasket (for Ford Dorset, whatever this might be)

The leakage is about 1/4 liter per 2 hours.

Is there anybody who knows the solution?

I am gratefull for every suggestion

Thanks for your help.

Dirk Dijkslag
[email protected]

Hi dirk, i'm not sure which gasket is leaking? Is it the large three hole gasket or is it the four hole approx. 2" dia gasket?
Charlie w.

Re: Oilleakage between motor and raw waterpump

Hi dirk, i'm not sure which gasket is leaking? Is it the large three hole gasket or is it the four hole approx. 2" dia gasket?
Charlie w.

Hello Charlie

It is the 3 hole gasket between motorbloc and Jabco pump.
In the meantime i dismounted the pump once again, cleanedn both surfaces, took a new gasket and applied Loctit 5922 beteen the pumpfange and the gasket and between the gasket and the motorinputflange.
On Thursday I will test it.

If you have other suggestions I would appriciate to hear them

Thanks for your reply

kind regards

Dirk

Hi dirk, if it leaks again remove the pump and drive assy. And check the mounting surface of the engine for a crack. In the meantime clean between the pump and injection pump above it . It may be coming from the injection pump o ring or timing hole plug.
Charlie w.

Back