Logo

1965 Anchor Craft Boat question

duffer1960

I just purchased a 1965 Anchor Craft runabout, powered by the original outboard on it. (1965 60 hp Evinrude V4.) The boat and outboard are in nearly "showroom" condition. The boat has a chrome "Spotlight" that swivels with a chrome "captains-wheel" that's mounted on the dash. There is a pair of chrome air-horns,. also operated by pulling and pushing in a smaller chrome "captains wheel" mounted next to the spotlight controller on the dash. My questions concerns the fire extinguisher. It is the original one that came on the boat, at least I'm quite sure it is. It is a plastic bottle, squeezable, with a plastic nozzle and tip. My question is " how is it operated?" If I had to use it, do I have to cut off the tip prior to use it? Or if the bottle is squeezed hard enough, will the plastic tip rupture allowing the dry chemical to spray??? Thanks for any info about this, and I apologize if this seems like a silly question... Dan

There shouldn't be any "cutting" required....

I'd be inclined to inspect it and make sure it is compliant with the current regulations...based on your description, it may not be and it would be bad enough getting cited for that...even worse if you need it and it didn't work...

Agreed! If you want to preserve the original look and feel of the boat, keep it on board and mark it as non-operational, but have a certified new one nearby.

Back