Logo

Need help 50 hp '86 force. Pls!

Hun

Compression test on boat cilynders are 65 psi. I know that is not good. I would like to know if i should rebuild the motor? Is it worth it? Can i get the parts? Has somebody done that? Shoul i just get a diferent motor?
I think i could do the job myself in case if it is whorth the throuble.
I would apriciate your opinions on my delama.
Thank you.
:confused::confused::confused:

First.Try a different gauge.
Both at 65 could be a bad gauge or even a bad gasket.
Try a different gauge, both plugs out when testing?
If it's really the same then remove the head and check for damage.
The parts are available all over the place.
Wiseco pistons are a good bet.They also make other brands that are good.
Post the results of the new tests.
Not that hard to do.
If you decide to rebuild, ask and I'll give a few hints on the rebuild.

Hy, thx for the input. I will do the test today with both plugs out. The gauge it is new i just bought it, but how knows i got it from harborfreight.
It starts very hard , i have to live a prity big gap at the butterfly to start than the rpm ist high. If i reUdjust the rpm wont start again and of course lot of smok.
I read on the forum somthing obout spark plg ,i will get the clasic ones. I have the flat bottom ones.
thank you agaim.
It helps a lot to get advice when you stuck with somthing and you dont have the knowledge to fix it.

I did the compr. Test again. Same 65 and 70. Put difrent sprk plugs, stil the same. Week its starting so hopefully nect weekend will try to take the had of and chek the inside.
Thanks

I did the comp test same result 65-70 psi. Put in diferemt sprkplug , same thing. Very hard to start.
Next weekend will try to take off the head and chek the inside.
Thx.

I am thinking to take it to sombody to chek the motor and see if it can be fixed. I wanted to do myself but it is but it looks like needs a profacional. I boght the boat with trailer for 600. Boat look good i am planing to refit it for fishing. ( floor, paint, carpet ...)

I lloked around for a diferant motor. A good one with tilt and trim 2500-3000.
Can i instal a tilt and trim on the 86 force 50 hp motor???
Today i think i will take the head off.
thx.

A few questions: ( could you help me out)Should i just change it and put the head back or change the rings to? ( the rings look ok, they are not stuck)
Rebuield the whole motor?
How can i clean the head and the pistons?

What did you meen obut the overheat system?
Thank you.

Looks like the gasket was bad on both cylinders(very unusual).
I'd get a new one and install it and see if it helps.
There is a orange wire in the wiring harness.
One end is connected to the head, the other to a buzzer/horn.
Turn key on, ground out the orange lead and it should make the buzzer sound off.
No sound, remove the buzzer and hook it to a battery. No noise? Replace with a car/motorcycle horn.

Thank you for the help. I remember that wire, will test it and change the buzzer if it is not working
shuld i use fine sand paper when cleaning the block and the head before puting in the new gasket?
Thanks again.

Thank you for the help. I remember that wire, will test it and change the buzzer if it is not working
shuld i use fine sand paper when cleaning the block and the head before puting in the new gasket?
Thanks again.

I am wayting for the head gasket. when it is in will let you know the result.
thx

Yes a fine sandpaper or a green scratch pad.Both surfaces must be clean and smooth. No sealer is needed. 20# of tourqe on the bolts.

I did a compression test , its 95 on bouth. I think its not good but it will do.
Before i tried to started up i cheked the ignition and i had no spark at plg no 2. I switched the coils but looks like they are ok. As far as i can work it out it is something rong with a brown wire from the lower coil which gose up under the flywill.

for the uper coil: i have a white wire to - sid on coil and a blue to + side. ( this one sparks) both are from the accsesory terminal. Wht is taco meter amd blue ignition

For lower coil: a brown witch is going to flywil, i think to condensor or breaker plate( i thing that is where the troble is)
and a blue to + also from ignitio from accsessory terminal

my question is if i can test condensor or breaker points whiout pulling of flywheel( in case that you think also that is the problem)? And do you know what kinde of ignition system i have?
i am attaching some pictures.

Wires: brwn under the flyweel next to the red plastc

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 91
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 75
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 73
No gotta pull the flywheel to test.
Your system takes points and condensers.
Possible the points just need sanding/filing.
Try Franz Marine or boats . net
This site sells parts too.

Back