Logo

Need help 50 hp '86 force. Pls!

You were right, one of the breaker point was badly coroded. I cleaned the points they should be ok.
I am not shure but i think the condensor wire and the wire wich goes to the coil are on the same terminal on the breaker point( on the spring plate). The brk point gets it's ground by being screwed down to the plate. Is it right?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 51
Today i stoped by standard magnito company inc in chicago and i bout 2 new condensors and 2 breaker points. This place it is great, i paied 20 $ for them.( online cost+,-, $110) If you need ignition parts this is the place. I am sure that they have almost anything and if they dont they can mach it up whit something.
Standard Magneto Sales Company, Inc.
4119 West Grand Ave.
Chicago, Illinois 60651
Phone 1-800-MAGNETO (1-800-624-6386)
Fax 1-773-235-2996

No gotta pull the flywheel to test.
Your system takes points and condensers.
Possible the points just need sanding/filing.
Try Franz Marine or boats . net
This site sells parts too.

Wow Jerry is really giving some excellent advice. I to have a force and have been on a accelerated
learning coarse. The parts are scarce, of coarse if you get to know certain folks you'll find them.

I commend Jerry and the fact that you are willing to learn. Good luck.
Will.

Thank you.
I am a truck driver and today i had to hit the road. I will be away for at least 2 weeks. When i am back i will put new parts in and see what hapens. Can not wayt, but it is going to be a while.

I finished the motor. It looks like it is runing ok. I am not shute about the idel rpm, should be 5-600 but i can only guess. Here is a video may be you can see if it is ok. (To low or high) ?

Actually it sounds a bit low on the rpm's
They sell an item.Called a Tiny Tach Get it from a Mercury dealer or on line.
Make sure it's for an outboard.
Some timing lights have a built in tach?
Sounds good otherwise.
Set air screw at 1 and 1/8th turn out for inital adjustment.

THX,
I did that and looks good.
I am trying to put on a tilt trim on the motor but having a hard time. this model came whit out tilt and trim. Is there anything out there what i can mach?

If you want you can get a jack plate to use as a T/T
Look around they used a lot of T/T units on pontoon boats.
It's not gonna be easy to get an OEM unit.

Back