Logo

Hupeh model 290c marine diesel

ttown

" Does anyone have any info on

" Does anyone have any info on a small marine diesel manufactured by Hupeh Diesel Motor Works in the Peoples Republic of China, model 290c?. I found one in a shed with zero hrs and its still on the crib. It is 2 cyl rated 20hp @2000rpm and has a Chenkiang gearbox Works model 16, 2:1 gear. The mfg date is 7/1979. There is no other documentation avail other than the ID plates. I can't find any info on either and am wondering if anyone can shed some light on this unit. I hooked up a batt and a fuel line and it fired right up! Any help or sugestions on this engines lineage is greatly appreciated. "

" Did you succeed? Did you get

" Did you succeed? Did you get any informations?
There is one 290c installed in our sailing boat and I like to know, just in case, where to find some parts.

- Stephan - Duesseldorf,Germany, Thursday, September 11, 2003 "

" Hi just found these messages

" Hi just found these messages, there has been a lot of these engines sold around here and we have most of the spare parts, call if you need some help
Geoff Moran "

" Hi Geoff, I`d just sended yo

" Hi Geoff, I`d just sended you a message by your email and asked you for your adress, just in case. Thank you for your information.

- Stephan - Duesseldorf,Germany,Friday,May 14,2004 "

"I have a 0 hours Hubeh Diesel

"I have a 0 hours Hubeh Diesel Engine Works 20hp/2000rpm 1983 model mated to the Model 16 gearbox for sale. Best reasonable offer.
83431.jpg
engine data plate"">
83432.jpg
gearbox data plate"">
83433.jpg
manifold data plate

Help I have the same engine an

Help I have the same engine and I am looking for a water pump and an outlet for additional engine spares. I have found no mention of the company on the web.

i have this engine in my sailb

i have this engine in my sailboat and am also looking for a parts source. Dave in MN.

"If anyone is looking for info

"If anyone is looking for information or parts for a China Diesel (Hupeh) in the USA, contact:
Hardy Solar
(formerly Hardy Diesel)
15749 Lyons Valley Rd.
Jamul, CA 91935
phone: 1 (800) 404 1399"

Re: " Hi just found these messages

" Hi just found these messages, there has been a lot of these engines sold around here and we have most of the spare parts, call if you need some help
Geoff Moran "

G'day Geoff
I am looking at bidding for a Hupeh 290C engine on eBAY. if I were to win the bid, I intend to install it in a 28' Hartley yacht to replace really ancient single cylinder diesel of unknown origin (methinks chinese)
I found your message, do you still have parts? Any thoughts on "the good, bad or ugly" regarding Hupeh engines.
Hugh

Re: "Hi all,I have manuals for mot

"Hi all,I have manuals for motor and gearbox as well as access to many spares as well as recond. motors and gear boxes.
I am in central Queensland in Australia.
email: [email protected]"

G'day Liam
I am looking at bidding for a Hupeh 290C engine on eBAY. if I were to win the bid, I intend to install it in a 28' Hartley yacht.
My concern is what is the availability of manuals parts etc.

I found your message, do you still have manuals and parts etc?
Regards
Hugh
NSW, Australia

G'day Hugh,
I am sure the Hupeh 290c was previously marketed in Aus during the 80s as the Dong Feng 290c. K. Myer & co 94 wharf st Maryborough Qld 07 41215035 have parts & info.

Thanks Mate. I have heard of Dong Feng. Looks like these were a fairly common motor for a while during the eighties. I have to work out whether this 290C will actually fit in the Hartley engine space, but is good to know that parts are still available.
I'm hauling her out this week for an extended refit, including replacing an ancient horizontal single cylinder diesel that has seen better days among other things.
Thanks for for your help
Hugh

does anyone have info on a hupeh 290c engine with a 10kw generator attatched to it . a neighbor of mine has a 1977 model she wants to sell . it is brand new only started a few times . she has all the manuals and parts catalog for it . it was never hooked up to the house . i have started it and it fired right up and runs great . if anyone has a rough idea of what it is worth or is interested in it let me know . i can send pictures or video ..i am located in east tennessee ..usa.

do you have an e-mail address so that I cansend a picture of my Hupeh 290c fuel injector pump lines that are missing a part ....the line comming from the pump closest to the front of the engine has a banjo connection ...other line has been cut off about 3 inches out from the point where it enters the pump ..

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated !

G'day,
Try [email protected]. or 652 Kent st. Marybourough. QLD. 4650 Aust. Ph. 0741215035 Fax. 0741213310. Ken is a marvel, 82 years of age and still going flat out. I got a heap of parts for clients rebuild a month ago without any problems, not the type of engine you see every week but they do the job well.

Cheers, Shakey.

Wombatmountain

You posted back in 2010 that your neighbor had a Hupeh 290C Diesel Generator. Is it still available?
Call me 207-443-6217 or E mail seabear30#hotmail.com Peter

Re: " Does anyone have any info on

I have a 290c and the water pump on the engine block started a leak. I was able to get some parts that were similar but not exact. I got a new shaft for the pump built but it still leaked after it was installed. I am currently in the process of installing an adaptor plate and a Jabsco pump. Has anyone successfully accomplished this before?
THANKS!

Re: " Hi just found these messages

Please Geoff, can u give any adress or phonenumber where I can find spareparts for the Hupeh Marine Diesel motors ???

Best regards Kenteddy

I am looking for a thermostat for my Hupeh Diesel 290c. Does anyone know where I can get parts? I tried Hardy Solar but there is no answer of the phone. Thanks

I've got 2. One as main engine in my ketch and another as spare under by workbench. I have also a copy of the workshop manual.
It is quite a heavy layout but sounds beautifully at low revs and it is almost undestructible

Hello - I have a Hupei/Hardy 290c and need a new water pump. The number I was given for Hardy is out of service. I realize many of these posts are from a long time ago, but if anyone has any ideas on how to source one, or any other options, I'd be hugely grateful.

" Hi just found these messages

Geoff Moran "
Hi Geoff, I'm in nzand wanting information on the290c so I can get parts repair my engine. [email protected] .
Please can you send me any manuals?, information on parts?where/ how to obtain them?
Pretty sure I need to replace head gasket and water pump.

Thanks

Hi Geoff, I'm in nzand wanting information on the290c so I can get parts repair my engine. [email protected] .
Please can you send me any manuals?, information on parts?where/ how to obtain them?
Pretty sure I need to replace head gasket and water pump.

Thanks
Crayfish69 and Geoff , noticed your posts and also need help finding part for my marine 290c diesel, specifically the outlet cap from heat exchange and fittings for salt water to exhaust and oil cooling system. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks My Email is [email protected]

Back