Logo

Twin BF130 - no compression on any cylinder of both motors?

stringer_bell

Regular Contributor
I will check serial numbers and post here shortly

Motors are new to me, came with the boat I got as a gift/project. Tried to test compression, and no reading on any cylinder. On both motors. Not even low #s, nothing. Both motors turn over nice and strong, no noises. Clean overall no rust no leaks.

What say you based on this very limited info?

Might go with that old song "Somebody's A Been There Afore Ya"

If your compression gauge ain't kaput as racerone suggests then I think pop a valve cover and see what the rockers are doing. Someone may have backed everything off do some "troubleshooting".

Agree that you probably have a bad tester. If you are buying a new one, get one of those that has a screw in tip that goes into the sparkplug hole and the proper adaptor for your engine. Most come with a variety of tips for different types thread. When testing, make sure engine kill switch is activated to avoid inadvertent starting and throttle is wide open. Batteries fully charged, and turn engine for a good ten seconds.

Ok thank you guys I will check tester (and use another one), and repeat. I will post back with serial #s and year and all that good stuff shortly

Back