Logo

1978 115 Chrysler Deluxe Reving too high how i turn it down

hi my sister got me a impeller for this engine she knew someone that had a new one,

issue is I cant just pop it in is it supposed to be a very tight fit? that its better then the inside diameter?

oh I just relalized another issue, remember that stainless steel bushing I couldn't get off, umm where is that supposed to go?? I guessing that supposed to be up in the engine? and if so how the heck I supposed to get at it? as I looked under neath couldn't see anything close

all I can think of is maybe using a broom and sand off end so it can seat it and some how can it up in there and I guess the recessed side goes up in the engine?

ok I put bearing grease in and got the thing in tell me if it looks right? then I can put some gasket maker on and close it up. and can you tell me why this housing isn't perfectly round inside its off set does that make it pump water better?. and I figured that cap there is lip on ontop of the shaft so it can sit there but not sure does the recessed side go up towards the engine or down towards the water pump. and here some pics let me know if this is right before I close it uptn_20130822_172748.jpgtn_20130822_172846.jpgtn_20130822_172901.jpg

ok I frustrated I flipped it over and slide it down and it doesn't seat I pull it off the impeller is thicker then the case. come on now what do I do since if I use gasket maker it will just break off and go inside, so what do I do have to make a gasket? do I shave off the blades etc? frig this getting nuts

here is pic of the water pump u can see the gap I may have to double up the gaskets?? that id have to make or what ideas? and maybe I should have made new headings for these other issues I havetn_20130823_081405.jpg

Put the NEW impeller next to the old and see if they are the same height?They should be about the same size as the other.PICS?? 47-803630t is the part #From Mercury Be careful as they always seem to want to sell the Mercruiser impeller.It looks real close but it's taller and a bit bigger around. Not going down all the way it could be the key slipped and it's holding it up. Install the key, slide the imp all the way down. Then GREASE the whole thing. Slide the housing down to the pump.Then turn the driveshaft as you push the housing down over the impeller.

Hi yes that's the part number of the bag for the pump and its slightly thicker then the housing as you can see the thing cant close, and I never put the key in yet that pic shows how I cant push it right down on the housing. and I had to grease the inside housing and put the impeller in there is no way in hell u can put the impeller in the housing after u gotta force those rubbers to bend just to get it in it was a bitch to even get it in I pressed as hard as I could get in. frustrating I tell you. and which way does that top bushing go the recessed going to ground or up to the engine
Put the NEW impeller next to the old and see if they are the same height?They should be about the same size as the other.PICS?? 47-803630t is the part #From Mercury Be careful as they always seem to want to sell the Mercruiser impeller.It looks real close but it's taller and a bit bigger around. Not going down all the way it could be the key slipped and it's holding it up. Install the key, slide the imp all the way down. Then GREASE the whole thing. Slide the housing down to the pump.Then turn the driveshaft as you push the housing down over the impeller.

so I not sure if that clearance is acceptable or not but im sure if I tighten the bolts down it will force it tight but just wanted to know if it supposed to be no clearance settting it down or has to be forced down. but here couple pics not much bigger but enough not to close the housing. also here is the pics of the other cap that goes into the engine I forgot which way it goes. does the recessed part go up to spines or down towards pump. I included 2 pics going each direction tn_20130824_092220.jpgtn_20130824_092249.jpgtn_20130824_093756.jpgtn_20130824_093806.jpg

Back