Logo

Honda 2009 150hp started but 1 min later blost all electrical

Podracer

Reversed boat off trailer and then motor stopped.I then had no battery power to motor at all. Accessories all work eg bilge pump, sounder. Any ideas what may have happened

Last edited:
If the gauges do not come on and if the trim and tilt switch on the engine does not work, most likely your battery cable, battery cable connections, or battery switch are a problem. Make sure the battery connections are clean and tight (wrench tight). Check battery connections at the motor also, especially the smaller battery cable that is parallel to the larger positive battery cable.

Mike

Thanks Mike,

Checked all battery leads from both batteries to isolator switch and from isolator to motor then checked and I had power so something I touched fixed the problem. Now I dont know which cable is the problem as I played with all of them and they all seemed to be ok. Do not want to be crossing a bar and have it happen again!!

Turn your keyswitch to on and have someone watch the voltmeter on the dash ( or you watch if you can see it ). Then...go back over your steps and wiggle things (wires, connections, connectors, etc). If the voltmeter flutters, you are in the right spot.

You may have just fixed it if any of the connections looked corroded (or not real clean).

Mike

sounds like a good plan but I dont have a volt meter. Can only watch lights on switch panel when i can get someone to help. Thanks for the advice

Back