Logo

06 150hp thrust brg issue

dtoole

Regular Contributor
Have option To Buy 06 150 hp With Thrust Brg Issues. Owner Said Motor Was Running Rough. He Did A Compression Check. One Cylinder Was Low. He Tore Engine Apart. Couldnt Find A Problem Wuth Cylinders. Thrust Brg Was Not In Place. It Was In Crankcase With No Apparent Wear. The Block Has Damage From Crank. Could This Be Welded And Remachined.

Aluminum can be welded but often distortion results in critical areas.----Talk to a good welder / machinist who understand the 2 stroke engine very well.---------------Post detailed pictures ( 5 or 6 of them ) of the damage on here.

Not worth the time or expense. The failure is common. Replace with new factory block or find another unit. Honda has NOT resolved this type of failure. Thank's Martin

after considering all associated costs, as you said, it's not worth MY time or expense. if i already owned the motor, i would make an attempt at fixing it. however the owner wants 1300.00 for it as is. add a block for 1800,rings,and gaskets plus MY time. not worth the trouble. thanks for the input. David

Back