Logo

Vortech non Vortech

240 Sport

I have a GM 454 marine motor serial # 12568777 and was wondering if this is a Vortech motor. I do not think so. Been putting AC plugs MR 43 TS. So before i decide to put in MR 43 LTS i want to make sure of plug not hitting piston. The MR 43 TS don't seem to burn that hot. Thanks. Dan

Not a mercrusier. GM 454 . I googled serial number and a few listings for this motor come up. Long Block Chevy 454 ci M-OE 93-00. New, HI -Perf, standard Rotation, Gen. vi, 1 pc. rear seal, Roller Cam, W/o Fuel pump hole ( OE number 12568777) Thats all the numbers i have on it. Thanks

Your number is a gm part number for sure...could also be a casting number, you didn't say where it originated from...if its Gen VI, it's likely to have the Vortec heads...you'll have to get the heads' cast number to make sure.

Here is the engine casting # 10237297. I looked this number up. it is a 96 + up 454 Vortech 7400 L-29 Gen VI. I would safely say that it would have Vortech Heads on it? I think to find head casting # would mean removing valve cover. That another animal in its self. Thanks

Back