Logo

1961 Lark iii 40hp prop

steve17

I spun my the prop on my 61 Lark III 40hp. I pulled the prop and its not stamped anywhere as to the pitch and diameter. I've been searching the internet for info on the factory prop size so that I can get an idea of maybe what setup I have. Does anyone have any ideas on what the pitch and diameter maybe?
Thanks for the help.

I have a 12ft starcraft bahama fiberglass hull. Honestly weight wise im not a 100% sure maybe 1200lbs? With four adults? We cruise around and tube a lot off of it. The prop I have now doesn't have a great hole shot but has a good top end. I'd rather be safe and just buy a new prop but Im not sure exactly what to get.

So I need to try and find a prop shop that can tell me the pitch and diameter? Or are the links and parts # for Michigan wheel good? For tubing should I get something with a little a more pitch? Any opinions?

For tubing you would want less pitch.-----Should be lots of good used props around for those motors, a lot depends on your location.----Those props fit motors from early 1950's to the mid 70's.

Back