Logo

93 merc 60hp trim up problem

plugun

I recently bought a used boat equiped with a 1993 merc 60hp elpto. The solenoid will allow the motor to trim down but only clicks when I hit up. It has been suggested I chenge out the solenoid. This particular motor only has one relay/solenoid box and has both the greens and the blue wires leading into it along with the red. One problem is, its a sealed box and every other source I check says there should be two relays. One for up and one for down. I was given a replacement part by the seller but that looks similar to a starter solenoid and has only four contact points. Can't find a wiring diagram that shows the type of relay that's on the motor now. Please help

No this is a single sealed box. I took it from the rear left of motor. It has the green/down and blue/up wires coming out of it along with a green/white striped, a blue/white striped and a red. Also black to ground. Pics won't upload.

no, those look like starter solenoids. This is definitely the relay box for the trim/tilt. I have ordered a new one locally. FYI the dealer told me that the type of solenoid/relay that I have is a newer style that supersedes the older two relay style.

Back