Logo

NEW! PLEASE HELP today so i can be out on water tomorrow! (trolling motor connection Q's)

mynamespersonal

Hey guys! new here and need some help...

i recently bought a 30lb thrust minkota I will be buying a battery today but i am afraid it wont hook up to a battery because the wire connections that would go around the terminal are open and look like a U instead of being closed say like a 0. How would a U shape stay on a battery terminal?? do i need to change the connections to something closed ...please guys i need advice and details of how to proceed....very new to trolling motors and this stuff..

thank you!!

Some batteries have two post on each side. One for accessories and one for terminal cables. If your battery has only one, then connect to the battery terminal, but I would put inline fuse between battery connection to trolling motor connection. Check your trolling motor specs to see what amps needed to run.

replace the wing nuts with hex nuts with star washers and tighten securely....i got an old cheap box wrench i threw in the battery compartment to check the nuts and tighten a tad if needed when i charge batteries...they are always tight but occasionally i can force a little more...

i am not familiar with the charger you have...what i was saying is to disconnect the one wire that goes from the negative post of one battery to the positive post of the other battery used to drive your 24v trolling motor and charge them separately...thats all you have to disconnect..one wire...

Back