Logo

bf25 carb question

guppy

Regular Contributor
Need to sync up a set of carbs, have gauges with hoses, Honda gauges were a gift, looking to find the adapters to screw into the manifolds so I can connect the gauges. Nobody locally can find them, was wondering if there is a online store I can order them. Also need to know if these same adapters would fit any other applications. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Just rejoice in the fact that you don't need 07LMJ-001020B...6" vacuum probe. Those are $50 apiece!
I believe boats.net has the ones you need, the 2" (10B) on sale right now for $18.
Mike, Do you know what the thread pitch and diameter is on those? If I knew that, I could make me some!

Last edited:
I suppose that might mean 10mm diameter by .5 pitch. I'll look into it. The sad thing is that I know where to obtain the "ingredients" locally but I'm betting that by the time I purchase all the little goodies and then silver solder them together, the $18 apiece off the shelf price won't look so bad after all.
Thanks Mike...again.
jimmyd

PS..almost forgot. In the photo I found it sure looked like they had left hand thread. Wouldn't know anything about that would you?

Last edited:
They are right hand thread.

There is 10mm of thread. The length from below the head of the screw to the bottom.

I think the 5 just means an M5.

Don't know all the nuts and bolts like you. Never said I was a mechanic. I am really an electrical guy who has lost his way and gets stuck fixing mechanical stuff from time to time.

Mike

Well, you seem to do ok for an old "fly boy":)
Thanks for the clarification. I think I will make a batch of 2" and 6" just fer fun. Since I retired my torch has been lonely.

jgmo , i made a set using 5 mm screws with o rings and nuts. i do have the luxury of a lathe to drill the holes . i drilled 3/32 holes thru then cut the heads off the bolts. worked out great. total cost was maybe 2.00

dtoole,
I guess the user name says it ALL! I love it when somebody takes the challenge and just makes it work. Thanks for the work "plan". I intend on making some too and might just use your instructions. But that might be after the next election:~). I don't currently need them but I'm sure I will in the future.
Good job,
jimmyd

Back