Logo

1993 OMC Cobra 4.3 in Sunbird Transom Water Inlet Hose Question.

Scrid

Hi everyone!
Hey I'm having a small ( or maybe a big one ) problem with my 1993 OMC Sterndrive.
I noticed the other day snooping around the gimbal housing area that I have a small hole in the transom water inlet hose just shy of the hose clamp where it attaches to the tube going through the transom. Looks like the top of the steering gimbal may have been rubbing on it.
OMC hose # 911830
I'm going to have to replace the hose, and I think I can get the hose clamp of the transom side but the other one where it attaches to the vertical drive looks kinda rough to get to.
Was just wondering if it IS possible to replace the hose without removing the vertical drive and steering gimbal section.
The hose clamp on the drive section is positioned rather strange with the securing nut right up against the housing.
I managed to get my phone in there to snap a shot. See the picture below.
Thanks everyone I appreciate any help I can get on this matter.
hose.jpg

I believe the hose was assembled first then the hose inserted and a plastic nut was installed and thats why the clamp is positioned like it is. You need to drop the drive, undo the plastic nut then remove the hose. Get a parts diagram for your motor. You'll see the pieces I mentioned.

Back