Logo

Engine ID question

coatiac

I'm new and not sure how this works, or whether I am breaking any forum rules, but I have a question. Can anyone help me with an engine ID issue? I have a 1966 correct craft mustang with an interceptor engine - not sure if it is the original engine. Engine serial number is ra1r318025. Can anyone identify the specs/year from that? I am having problems buying parts and am thinking it is a vintage issue since none of the parts that are supposed to fit actually do. Thanks in advance for any help.

Hello Everyone, I am trying to date this engine, it seems to be a 289 LH and its currently sitting in a 1965 Arena Craft.

The number in the front is NO: NW31L422442

The only thing I know its a 289 Ford LH rotation at the flywheel.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    87.9 KB · Views: 4
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    102.4 KB · Views: 3
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    117.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6401.jpg
    IMG_6401.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 4
I don't have any original literature that will yield a date.

what I do have says the 289CID blocks were delivered in four different options, from 165 up to 210 HP...and since that doc has a zip code in the address, its mid 60's and later...that said, there in nothing in it that aligns with your serial number...

And there is no mention of the 289CID in the data I have to ID the products from the 1950's... all consistent with Ford's intro of the 289 ~ 1963/4.

I don't have any original literature that will yield a date.

what I do have says the 289CID blocks were delivered in four different options, from 165 up to 210 HP...and since that doc has a zip code in the address, its mid 60's and later...that said, there in nothing in it that aligns with your serial number...

And there is no mention of the 289CID in the data I have to ID the products from the 1950's... all consistent with Ford's intro of the 289 ~ 1963/4.
Thank you, that’s what I found so far as well , weird serial number. I will eventually take the engine out and start looking for some casting number to narrow down a date. I was hoping to determine what HP it had from the factory.

from what I've seen, for that class, a 4 barrel will get you in the 200+ hp rating where a 2 barrel will be < 200hp...

Back