Logo

2010 Honda BF115D Going into going into limp mode

travelingman

2010 BF115D is going into limp mode. Engine has about 28 hours on it. Ran it at varying RPMS up to 4000 for an hour today. Decided to just idle around for 15 minutes and motor went into limp mode not faster then 1500 RPM when I applied throttle. Water squirting out no debris in intakes. After thirty minutes it allowed me to slowly come back up to 3500 RPM's. Decided it was time for the trailer. Got back and check oil level and it was in between the lines. Checked for water at gas filter and nothing. No dealers in the San Antonio area figured I would join the forum to ask the questions before going to dealer 50 miles away and wait for two to three week service wait. All responses welcome. Could not find anything about this specific engine on any forum.

WOW! Verify quality of fuel and or replace. I suspect fuel seperation. Is their an audio alarm or will the motor just not accelerate? You may want to replace the high pressure filter if capable and have a spare around the house. Install a racor type 10 micron seperator in the boat, whereas some containmates can be drained. Thank.s Martin

Thanks for this suggestion. The engine has a RACOR filter and I think I'll replace all. I am not getting any horns or lights during any of this. The boat ignition switch and lights are mounted low and in vertical position making any lights very difficult to see as they are located under the key and there is only 3 inches of room to console wall behind them. What is he best low oil and water pressure switch for a Honda motor that is a quick replacement or added on to the existing system.

Conventinal or Murphy Gagues if you want "top of the Line". However you do not want to alter or "tap into the current alert system". It is of a very good design and work's very well. Some rigging issues may exist but the current system will alert you of any issues. During daylite operation it is nice to be able to see a green lite for your oil pressure system. Green is normal and should never flicker or go out while the unit is running. At which point their will be a continious audio alarm, reduction in RPM and will register the event in the ECM. Thank's Martin

Back