Logo

wire harness adapter to connect new motor to old smart gauge

tuna melt

I just installed a 2013 150 optimax on my boat to replace the old 1999 150 Optimax that finally gave up the ghost. I bought an adapter to hook the new motor wiring harness to the old harness that worked perfectly however there is a smart gauge that seems to be wired separately. The gauge is small about 2 inch diameter and has four functions/warning lights. The only 2 that ever lit up were the ones for low oil and over heating. I'm not even sure what the other two symbols stand for. Anyway, it looks like there are four separate wires coming off the old harness that used to plug directly into the circuits on the old motor. The new motor has a few extra plugs with multiple wires. I assume one of the extra plugs on the new motor has the circuits I need to tie into on the old harness to get this gauge to work again. Does anyone know if there is a harness adapter I can buy to make this plug and play?

Thanks Guy but they said they don't have any harness adapters. The wires from the old harness are single wires colored orange, tan/white, pink/blue and tan/black. There are 2 plugs on the new motor I see that may provide the hookups. The first one is a four wire plug with red, white, blue and black. The second one is a 6 wire with pink/black, tan/orange, blue/gray, orange/black, purple/black and blue/black. Does anyone know what the wires go to by their color on either the old or the new??

Back