Logo

289 interceptor exhaust manifolds

kblv247

I recently pick up an interceptor 289 190hp engine with either a volvo 270 or a eaton out drive. not sure on thta one. But thequestion i have is about the exhaust manifolds. how much are they worth they are the in great shape and im not goinrg to use them.

real old stuff...

if they were used in a raw water cooled system, not much - if in a closed system, whatever the market will bear...aftermarket center riser style replacements are ~ $300 a pair, new...

Your best bet would be to post an ad on a specialty (specific boat focus) web site so somebody doing a restoration may find them...shipping is gonna be a PITA as cast iron is heavy...

They are aluminum. It has an Eaton closed loop system which employs a small pulley pump that pumps fresh water into the heat exchanger and then out through the exhaust.

Aluminum...wow...then they shouldn't be too hard to unload as long as they aren't cracked or leaking...I'd still think somebody doing a restoration would be your most likely buyer...

image.jpgimage.jpgI tested them at 500% operating pressure. I have beadblasted them and primed them with high temp primer. In asking $400 plus shipping.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 273
Back