Logo

Dies at hi rmp

dhearn0513

Contributing Member
Motor is 85 evinrude 120. I'm at a loss with this one. New plugs good spark at all cylinders, and 105 to 110 compression on all cylinders... The engine runs fine at idle and sounds perfect, when I and on the water. And when I give the boat gas the engine stumbles a dies... Almost like it runs out of fuel.. One other thing I notices is the bulb goes soft and the engine will not start again until you prime the system. I have inspected all the hoses and even tried an external tank and no Chang still does the something... Please help, I dont have the 80.00 an hour they want to work on it...

Trash in the fuel line clogging when it hits fuel pump screen? Using ethanol gas? When fuel gets old, it starts to varnish and creates bits of trash in the fuel system. An inline fuel filter can help. Just one possibility...

Motor is 85 evinrude 120. I'm at a loss with this one. New plugs good spark at all cylinders, and 105 to 110 compression on all cylinders... The engine runs fine at idle and sounds perfect, when I and on the water. And when I give the boat gas the engine stumbles a dies... Almost like it runs out of fuel.. One other thing I notices is the bulb goes soft and the engine will not start again until you prime the system. I have inspected all the hoses and even tried an external tank and no Chang still does the something... Please help, I dont have the 80.00 an hour they want to work on it...

Didn't you post this beforehand at an earlier date??

Back