Logo

2005 Yamaha F200 4 stroke - Is there an in line breaker or fuse from battery to engine?

Lowtidegumbo57

Guys, I am new to the forum and looking for some help. I have a 2005 Yamaha F200 4 stroke with 198 hours on it. I was having trouble with the tilt/trim switch on the motor and ordered a replacement. I was tinkering with the switch and then there was no power to the engine. I cannot get any power to start or trim from the throttle. Is there an in line fuse or relay I can check? The boat is a 2007 Skeeter zx22V in great shape. Any help would be appreciated...

Is your emergency kill lanyard in place and seated properly? Try taking it off and and putting it on a few times. Make sure it is in place properly. I seen plenty of people tear everything apart only to find that kill switch was tripped.

The kill switch does not prevent you from operating the trim/tilt unit. There is no inline fuse from battery to motor either. Just 2 THICK cables from the battery to the motor. Check to make sure you have power to the motor by turning the key. If you do this will verify that your battery connection to the motor is good. Next you want to check is the connetion at the controller is plug in for the trim/tilt unit. If that checks out then check you have power to the trim/tilt relays. If you have power to the relay then check the switch itself. GL

I just got a 2005 200f Yamaha 4 stroke and last night out fishing the tilt n trim had no power from anywhere in the boat so we had to go slow to get in as we couldn't get on plane..now when I went down to boat this morning to check the relay the tilt and trim works fine now..my question is there a breaker that reset itself after time..

Back