Logo

New to Site--I-Pilot install problems help--need expert advice

Kingfisher66

Folks, I've just spent all day installing a new 80lb ST I-pilot trolling motor for my skiff. I did have a 12Volt single battery 55 lb thrust ST but it just didn't work for me. So, I have properly (I think?) installed the new motor and have the batteries in tandem to make it a 24 volt system. negative lead coming from power outlet to one battery and the positive lead coming from power to the other battery with cross over cables between the two batteries. When I plug in the the power cord to the outlet the "system ready" light on the trolling motor turns on (green) and I am able to verify full battery charge with the battery indicator button. However, the motor will not respond to the remote. In fact, the remote does nothing except flash on all applications when I push a button. That's it. First of all, if "system Ready" light is on, am I wired correctly? secondly, I tried pushing the "Learn" button down on the trolling motor to wait for the beeps as instructed, but it never beeps. Even though the directions say that the remote that comes with the unit is already learned, I thought I would try again...to no avail. no beeping or anything. I also put new battery in remote. I have tried what I know to try. Spent most of the day on this and I know I must be doing something wrong. Please help. Thanks so much.

Also, I should mention that the remote by itself, does nothing except show all features at once. no single feature responds on the remote at all. I tried changing batteries. new pack but the pack was pretty old. How do I know if the remote is adequately powered? The battery level indicator on the remote does not light up.

Last edited:
Back