Logo

No power to engine: Johnson 90 HP VRO boat engine (model j90TLAEM) - photos included

muskiediver

I have a Johnson 90 HP VRO boat engine (model j90TLAEM). It appears I do have not have power to the trim or boat engine. Also appears gauges on the panel are not working. Lights are working and possibly the pup. All fuses in the front part of my boat near steering wheel appear in working order. I have cleaned all connections to a fully charged battery. I have not ran any voltage meter checks. Boat sat for 2 years was working fine back then.
View attachment 7229View attachment 7228View attachment 7227View attachment 7226View attachment 7225View attachment 7224
The issue in my belief has to do with power to the trim and engine. The trim did work briefly (once to raise). I think this maybe be a blown fuse in a location I have not checked. Is there a fuse in the engine itself or the throttle controller?

The other idea may have to do with my perko switch itself, does it have a fuse?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Thank you. Which part is the solenoid (from left to right give me the number of the picture you are referring to please)?

View attachment 7230View attachment 7231View attachment 7232View attachment 7233View attachment 7234View attachment 7235

I found it, it's picture #2 the red connection in the lower right (under the yellow wire). Number 53 as seen here: http://www.marineengine.com/parts/j...&manufacturer=Johnson&section=Ignition+System

If you did not know where the fuse was, its not easy to find it. But once you know...you think DUH! Thank you for the help.

Back