Logo

Engine spline coupler question

trudeau1111

2006 Azure AZ228 bowrider
-5.0 MPI merc engine
-Bravo 1 outdrive

I greased the engine spline coupler today for first time since buying this boat. theres 2 grease fittings behind the engine. I was looking back there with a mirror and this didnt quite look right. Just aft of the coupler i can actually see a little bit of the splines on the shaft, and just behing that i can see an orange o-ring around the shaft. Is this normal? Is the shaft IN far enough?
thanks
JT

Hope you just bought it because removing the drive us a maintaince item not just greasing the fitting inside the boat.

Hi, I am looking for advise on fitting the right stern drive for my boat whether a Bravo or An Alpha, my boat is a Fairline Sunfury 26ft, I have fitted a ford transit diesel engine 2.5 litre 70hp replacing the two Volvo penta engines. I have fitted the new engine in the middle of the engine compartment which means the stern drive would have to be fitted lower than the ones that were on previous so to keep my trust, so my second question is it ok to almost totally submerge the stern drive? Thank you

Start a new post for the most responses to it. Tagging to this post does not reach everyone available.

Back