Logo

91 ski brendella with pleasure craft 351 after 1-2 hours dies

frenchie16

Aright guys so I bought a 91 Ski brendella. Boat runs like new for the first 1-2 hours. While idling About to pull somone it dies. Through in neutral give her a little gas fires up again. The second you put it back in drive and go to give it gas it dies again. Had to keep it in neutral revved then slam it into gear to get her back to shore. Have replaced the battery, ignition coil, and router for the distributer that what a little screwed up. Seems like a fuel issue but if anyone who knows more then me which is everyone on this site can narrow it down Thad be pretty damn cool. Thanks

rotors usually don't fail as you've described...ditto for the battery.

ballast resistor been checked?

fuel filter been checked?

you need to determine if you are loosing spark or fuel when the engine stops running to resolve the issue

rotors usually don't fail as you've described...ditto for the battery.

ballast resistor been checked?

fuel filter been checked?

you need to determine if you are loosing spark or fuel when the engine stops running to resolve the issue

Check the Gasket between Carb. and Intake Manifold by spraying W-40 on idling eng. if it accelerates change Gasket.

there's either a a battery problem obviously or you're not getting enough fuel to the carburetor what I do we just put a a another fuel filter on it cuz I told one was clogged so go to your local Napa and get alawnmower fuel filter and put down if that doesn't solve the problem then you have a line blockage somewhere

Back