Logo

Help with Marnier/Yamaha switch wiring

BunkerRat

I have tried to seach for similar post to figure this out with no luck so sorry if this is already been ask. I have a 30 hp mariner I just bought, i have looked all over this thing to find a serial number and all i can find is the made in japan for mariner and above that the tab that I would think would have a serial number is missing. The motor starts by pull start fine and started by elecric fine but the person I bought it from had some junk rigged up with a toggle for a kill switch (just guessing) a toggle switch for constant power and a push button for a start switch. It stopped working for them so they had it to where you flipped the power switch and touched two wires together for it to start. I thought i could re-wire the switch to at least what they had with new switches but im not having any luck.I need to know what each wire goes to..a diagram. It has 7 solid color wires white, black, brown, blue, red, pink and green. Nothing special no gauges, no power trim, no accesorie just some kind of kill switch and key start/push button start, anything. Would it be possible to use a key type switch from an autoparts store?

Back