Logo

225 HP Honda...turn ignition, no buzzer no red lights flash....green light stays on

delux

I started this motor and it ran fine shortly then it sputtered, ran low and died, sounded like a fuel issue. Now the ignition lights when turned to start do not flash and I get a slight buzzing noise from the electronic relay below the alternator. This has a wire going to the negative on the starter solenoid, the green light on the ignition panel stays on though. When turned to the on position it does nothing. I am wondering if this needs to be replaced, or if the grounds need to be checked.

Thank you.

Replace possible blown fuse in pannel or clean corisson on terminal's. If sympton's continue load test clean energy wire. Small (third) wire on battery lead's. Thank's Martin

Another issue....overheating, no water outlet. Going to look at water intake, thermostats and water lines before the water pump and h2o sensors. Any other places I might want to look?

Thank you

Obviously, change the impeller. Actually, you may be better off changing out the entire water pump - not a lot more money to do so. If there are pieces missing from the old impeller, you will need to back flush the water system to try to get all those pieces out.

Hello, I have a similar problem. Where did you find the main ground wire? I think I know when it is, but mine is clean and tight.... Thanks,

follow the negative side of your power cable to the block...by the wire connections toward the bottom.

Well took off the muffs, put it in a tank and solved the problem. Shut it off to get more fuel and again no water stream and I am getting a little steam/smoke out of the pee tube, replaced the impeller and no pee stream and getting more smoke out of pee tube and by where the hydraulic system is, smells like rubber. I tend to think I have the impeller in backwards...?

if you drop lower unit to look at impellar ,, I reccomend to look at shaft bushing if it fails will come out thru midsections cheap to replace mdsection like 500 if bushing goes thru it.. do a searxh on here lots of info. if thing impellar wrong drop and look burn rubber not good sign,, take a look at old impellar look at direction fins our and akso top easy because key slides in top of impellar...

if you drop lower unit to look at impellar ,, I reccomend to look at shaft bushing if it fails will come out thru midsections cheap to replace mdsection like 500 if bushing goes thru it.. do a searxh on here lots of info. if thing impellar wrong drop and look burn rubber not good sign,, take a look at old impellar look at direction fins our and akso top easy because key slides in top of impellar...

OKay impeller did have a few blades headed the wrong way, confused as how they ended up like this...fixed and ran it in a tank that was not large enough....no water outlet. Put the muffs on and it has water out put, but the muffs still do not provide enough water. The best way to start the job is with a large enough tank to supply enough water, that way you save a lot of time chasin ur tail 8 )..

FYI, I have three of these and they are for sale...Vancouver WA.
And parts for one.

Thank you

Back