Logo

1995 Yamaha Waverunner issue

duffer1960

A friend of mine owns a 1995 Yamaha 701cc Super Jet. Here is the problem he is having with it.. You can run it for along time just cruising around then
you hit waves and it stops dead ,if you are fast enough to let off the gas it will keep going but it usually stalls dead ,then it will start right away real easy @
first but it seems that the longer you ride it, it starts to stall out when going fast and sharp turns, and gets harder to start and you seem to have to choke it or
hold the throttle wide open and it will start ,if you take it to shore leave the jet ski for a few hours then try it again things seem good for awhile then problem
repeats it shelf all over. I appreciate any possible solutions to the problem, and please forgive me if I have posted in the wrong forum. Thank you again for any solution to these issues. Dan

If that were an outboard, I would say that you have a restriction or an air leak in your fuel line, OR a clogged fuel filter. So, find the fuel filter first, and clean or replace it. If that does not work, start inspecting the fuel line for kinks, or bad connections. If that does not work, then open up your fuel tank filler cap, and blow air back through the fuel line to clean out any possible blockage in the screen on the end of the fuel pick-up that is in your fuel tank.

Back