Logo

how to bleed fuel injection?

fishinmachine

got air in my fuel system.year 2000 e-rude 150 HP ficth outboard engine.had a few leaks in gas lines and think air got into the injection system.repaired all the connections and now I need to know the procedure to bleed the air out. Engine starts right up but shuts off after 10 seconds every time, tried advancing throttle to blow air out but engine justs runs very rough and doesn't seem to make any difference.Tried this several times.What do I do now???

I finally fixed it,,,I bought a new optimax

So, you had a Ficht with a problem, and you went out and bought a Black Anchor? Uhhh, Okay ... :rolleyes:

I went out and bought a new motor because I have had this peice of junk in the shop 7 times since last August and in all that time I have had it on the water only twice when it didn't break down.After spending 3500 dollars on it and it still won't run I said "no more" and got a new one,the reason I got a Merc is because I have a dealer close to me.

I guess I have to agree with you as these fichts were the last built by OMC and they were a POS. Good choice by buying from a local dlr.

They were a main reason OMC went under.. the lawsuits are still ongoing :cool: I'd take anything over one of them. And if you're gonna buy something, get whatever it is from someone close to you, in case it needs warranty work. Good choice!!

Back