Logo

1994 5.8 HO wont start.

drewlink

This is my first post so I guess I should say hi.

I have a 94 Supra Comp and it has the 5.8 HO EFI in it. I went to put it in the water and it fired right up after a long winter but when I went to get it off the trailer it stalled when going into gear. It would rev all day in neutral but as soon as it went in gear, dead. Dont have a clue what that may be. That was the first problem, I pulled it back out of the water and hookked up the hose and went to start it and nothing. No click, fuel pump wouldnt kick in unless the key was all the way over to "start" but it wouldnt turn over. I jumped the solenoid and it turned over but would only fire if the key was on "start" and as soon as it turned back to "run" it would die.

So I have a few problems maybe a little help?

Thanks

Drew

Welcome to ME.com!

The no crank is likely to be electrical...I'd start by checking main fuse/circuit breaker and then making sure the neutral safety switch is working.

The engine stopping is also likely to be electrical, based on your description...what voltage is on the "+" terminal of the coil as you go thru a startup sequence?

I will check the voltage. But it seems to be getting lots of juice. I went to try last night as well and when I went to fire it up, the injectors were not spitting fuel into the throttle body venturis to help start up. Now I know it is electrical. I hope it isnt the brain box because if it is, good luck finding one!

Have you checked (or just replaced) the relays...I consider them regular maintenance items

Do you have the pro boss TBI setup?

Back