Logo

Volvo KAD 32 oil smell?

Ayc cruiser

I've noticed an oil smell after running the engine for half an hour. It resembles a gear oil? I have checked all the levels they are fine, no noises, performance is as it should be. The cuddy cabin and floor locker smell? Very weird, the motor has covered 400 hours, full history. any ideas anyone...help

Only gear oil (other than the drive) is in the supercharger. Did you check that? Oil smell often comes from oil leaking onto a hot engine. You may have a small oil leak that is not enough to notice yet, but is making the smell. Have you checked the bilge for any traces of oil? When was the breather 'filter' last replaced?

Only gear oil (other than the drive) is in the supercharger. Did you check that? Oil smell often comes from oil leaking onto a hot engine. You may have a small oil leak that is not enough to notice yet, but is making the smell. Have you checked the bilge for any traces of oil? When was the breather 'filter' last replaced?

Thanks for those pointers. I've found out where the smells coming from, both leisure battery's were bone dry. They were giving off an eggy smell very similar to gear oil, believe it or not. The shore supply charger was sending over current.

Thanks all..mk

Back