Logo

Oil Change question

rebuckley

So I am still at the stage of using a pump to draw the oil through the dipstick opening. I am planning on adding a pump (Like X-change-r) to make this easier. I had a couple of questions based on my recent experience.

1 - for the pump I want to add, I will be attaching to the low bolt (sump bolt?) and I think I can do both drain and refill from that point, correct?

2 - the oil refill point on top of the engine (attached to the sponge air filter) seems very loose, is there something missing (a gasket or something?) it seems to be very loose, or is this normal?

Reb

So I am still at the stage of using a pump to draw the oil through the dipstick opening. I am planning on adding a pump (Like X-change-r) to make this easier. I had a couple of questions based on my recent experience.

1 - for the pump I want to add, I will be attaching to the low bolt (sump bolt?) and I think I can do both drain and refill from that point, correct?

2 - the oil refill point on top of the engine (attached to the sponge air filter) seems very loose, is there something missing (a gasket or something?) it seems to be very loose, or is this normal?

Reb

I meant to add to this - it is a FL120 HP - Oil filter has been moved off the side of the engine with two longer hoses.

Hi, yes you can use th drain plug at the side of the crankcase. It would be best to order a drain plug from american diesel corp 804 435 3107 already drilled and tapped for a hose fitting. The original drain plug is not a pipe tread and would have to be replaced or drill and tap it yourself.as to the emissions valve on the rocker cover it has an internal o ring and is loose which is normal. This is not an oil fill!!! The oil fill is forward of this and is a flat cap about 2 1/2" across.charlie w.

Back