Logo

1987 50hp force water outlet

t27countryboy69

Sorry for the newbee question but,is the exhaust outlet where the water discharges from.I was told that if i have a little mist coming out of that area i am fine.Is there another way to tell if the water pump is working correctly.There is a big screw on the top of the thermostat cover,is this where i can tell if water is moving through correctly?Thank you in advance and great forums.Glad i found it.

View attachment 7160View attachment 7161Tach and stuff 001.jpgTach and stuff 002.jpgDepending on the amount of water "IN" ? If you are running on a hose? The majority of the water exits from the snout behind the prop. Some mist shows it's working, just how well?? Change the impeller if your in doubt. The screw on the top can be removed and a fitting installed and a hose ran through the lower cover.Then you'll know if it's pumping. When running on the hose, you need to use special muffs,the regular ones can work but you can overheat when using them.

96, you should start your own thread.
That way everyone can see it??
I almost didn't get back on this one.
Oh yea, WELCOME!!
Fill out the profile,location.
I got mine almost 30 years ago so I doubt I can remember where I got them.
I'll try to find a part #
But if you look close, they are just a set of muffs that were cut down.
To be sure your not in trouble, run it in a DEEP bucket.
The water level needs to be over the cavitation plate by at least 2-4" and keep the hose running.
If you can touch the head and not burn yourself?? Then it's cooling.

Back