Logo

check out my project

nevermind. I cant upload pics.
D8F97CB2-8FA8-40C2-B2DB-4212E400491E-948-00000143DCC1E68B.jpg

NICE, I love your Elevated Engine Hoist !! Very Handy Truck to have around !!

Thanks.It was a think quick moment hahaha. I had an actual heavy duty hoist to reinstall the engine in my bayliner. The bayliner belonged to my good friend. He lost a battle with leukemia at 26 yrs old.we ruined the old engine and pulled it together. We had plans to put it back together but he didnt make it. His widow gave me the boat. The 1st boat picture is the donor boat i found on craigslist for free.i paid $130 to offload it at the landfill after i pulled the engine. I have to finish the wiring in the bayliner and hook the fuel system up. I have my fingers crossed hoping she runs.

Impressive how you cut out the transom to fit your picker lol. Ingenuity at it's finest, thought out and safe. Looks like a fun project too, your friend would be proud that you're carrying on. How close is it to running?

Impressive how you cut out the transom to fit your picker lol. Ingenuity at it's finest, thought out and safe. Looks like a fun project too, your friend would be proud that you're carrying on. How close is it to running?
Thanks glad you like it. It was well thought out and safe... Not. It is kinda fun. We are working class farmboy/rednecks and we make due with what we've got. I hope my friend is proud. He loved to take people boating.

I've got to plumb the fuel system and hook all the wiring up to hopefully get it running. I'm hoping the carb is in working order.

May I suggest two things that will vastly improve the boat's performance on the water?
First, remove the useless fins on the drive.
Second, install a prop.

Fins are some thing you can buy that is supposed to help the boat perform better, but they don't do anything but lighten your wallet. It's moot now, but they void the warranty if you put them on.
A prop is the spinny thing that goes on the sticky-outy thing. It has three blades that when put into contact with water and rotated, makes the boat go.

Fins are some thing you can buy that is supposed to help the boat perform better, but they don't do anything but lighten your wallet. It's moot now, but they void the warranty if you put them on.
A prop is the spinny thing that goes on the sticky-outy thing. It has three blades that when put into contact with water and rotated, makes the boat go.

the fins were on the boat when it was acquired. I have the prop and thought about installing it and the plug before shovin off.

Back