Logo

1996 350 Mag EFI Won't Run

markjw

My boat was running perfect last season. It was properly winterized and stored in a heated warehouse. When I got it out this year it would not run. At first when I turned the key it would start for a second and shut right down. I replaced the fuel injection relay and it started right up idled perfectly smooth. I thought my problems were solved. No such luck. Now it shuts off at about 1200 RPM. Starts right up again like nothing is wrong, but when you try to accelerate it shuts down like you turned off the key. No sputter, no roughness, just OFF! I took it to the local Marina which is normally really great. They told me it was my electric fuel pump. And they said this pump was specif to a couple years of the early fuel injection systems and was $750. As the boating season is very short here in the northeast and we are 1/3 of the way into it, I said just replace it. It took a very long time to come in and now they say the boat is "running rich". I have not seen how it's running first hand but anyway they are stumped. Also when they put the computer on it all codes are clear. They have had the boat for 3 weeks now. Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ayuh,.... What's up with the spam links in yer post for Stingray boats,..??

Btw,... they don't work right,... it's password protected,...

Unexpected links in original post removed, that can sometimes happen with a copy/paste from another site. Anyone have any ideas for markjw? An engine serial number might be helpful for the techs who might want to take a shot at this one.

Back