Logo

Evinrude 88 SPL - Power T/T Stuck in up position and fill screw wont budge

ronmexico

Hello all,

I am having an issue with my T/T on my 88 SPL (late 80's I think) My boat is in the water and difficult for me to pull onto trailer at this time. I hear the relays clicking and motor working when pressing my switch up or down and the engine just doesn't move. I have seen an oil sheen when raising the motor earlier in the season so I'm pretty sure there's a leak and want to fill with fluid until I can fix the seals. I want to confirm which is the correct one for filling with fluid. Here is a pic of my trim assembly, what I think to be the fill screw is circled and completely seized. I have tried liquid wrench, different flat head screwdrivers and also a hammer. I haven't tried heat yet... Can anyone lead me in the right direction on how to un-seize this screw or tell where the manual release screw is? I have looked on both sides of the motor mount bracket for a manual release and can't find it. Thanks a lot!!

trim_motor.jpg

The manual release screw should be accessed thru a hole on the starboard(right) transom bracket; two turns out should be enough to release. Looks like you may have to use a hand held impact screwdriver to loosen that fill screw. It is the one you have circled. Good luck

Back