Logo

gas line issue

ShelleyT

I have a (new to me) 1972 Chrysler 15' boat. Last year, all worked great. This year, I go to hook up the stock gas tank for the first time (quick connect gas line), when I go to prime via squeezing the ball, the gas is oozing out of the quick connect. I changed the gasket on the male end, no difference. Any ideas???? ALSO - the water inlet holes on this stock motor are angled.... can I get water muff on this to do a trial start????? Thanks so much...:confused:

Tach and stuff 001.jpgTach and stuff 002.jpgReplace with OMC connectors. When I bought my boat. The FIRST thing I did was get rid of the quick connect and just ran right to the pump.Of course I have a built in tank.Not sure what you have. Muffs?What motor??Need a year,hp,serial#, model. pic ? Some Chryslers/Forces need a special muff depending on the lower.If it's around a 50 it takes the one in the pic.

View attachment 7049View attachment 7050Replace with OMC connectors. When I bought my boat. The FIRST thing I did was get rid of the quick connect and just ran right to the pump.Of course I have a built in tank.Not sure what you have. Muffs?What motor??Need a year,hp,serial#, model. pic ? Some Chryslers/Forces need a special muff depending on the lower.If it's around a 50 it takes the one in the pic.

Thanks Jerry - I'll post pics later today - appreciate your time and input. ST

Back