Logo

1997 force 120hp dies at 3200 rpm

richjabl

it drops from 3200 rpm to 2500 and then stays there for a min then stalls. I can run at 2000 rpm and it also idles fine. I changed the water seperator, fuel filters, rebuilt the fuel pump and changed the vent hose. Thanks in advance for any help.

Profile? Location? Ethanol?Possible the pickup tube in the tank is picking up debris.Possible the Ethanol has softened the inside of the hose and it collapses? Do a compression/spark test. Oh yea, Welcome!!

It is on a 1997 20foot trophy walkaround. used in the delaware bay. gas has 10 pct ethanol. I always put staybil in when adding gas. Does the pickup tube have a screen on it or someting like that ?.

gonna replace the fuel line from tank to primer bulb this weekend. boat is in the water. not sure how to do the compression test and if i can do it while in the water. I need to read up on that.

Yes you can do a test in the water. You can get a tester from any auto parts store. Not sure where you live?(profile) Harbor Freight sells them. Don't go cheap. Remember to ground out the plug wires when using the key to turn over the motor. I have a jump wire, and a jump box. Either will work.Just remove the plugs, install the tester and turn over untill the guage stops going up,usually 6-8 revolutions.

Back