Logo

No spark. Evinrude 1977 35 HP

mike cox

That wire stops the engine by being grounded, normally in the ignition switch.
Next step is to remove the same wire from the ignition switch and repeat the testing.
If engine works with wire off the switch, it is most likely the switch.
If problem remains even with wire off the switch, I would suspect the big red multi contact on engine connecting to the remote harness ( Got this off one of the post and checked the black&brown wire... Cut the grounding wire at the Coil too and still no spark! The motor had set up 8 years and got it started and it ran good two times for less than a min.. now no spark? Thanks Mike

I am having the same problems. I got no spark, had component tested and they say they were good. I have two wiring disgrams for the same engine and they conflect in some areas. Can you tell me which diagrams is the correct diagram?

Some one on here told me to pull the fly wheel and check the points..There are no points! If you get yours fixed please let me know.Mine 1977 35 Hp set up about 7 years . Stareted up two times for less than a min and cut off. Now no spark.

check fuse on back of engine solenoid side, oops , just remembered if engine turns over with starter the fuse is good

Last edited:
Back