That wire stops the engine by being grounded, normally in the ignition switch.
Next step is to remove the same wire from the ignition switch and repeat the testing.
If engine works with wire off the switch, it is most likely the switch.
If problem remains even with wire off the switch, I would suspect the big red multi contact on engine connecting to the remote harness ( Got this off one of the post and checked the black&brown wire... Cut the grounding wire at the Coil too and still no spark! The motor had set up 8 years and got it started and it ran good two times for less than a min.. now no spark? Thanks Mike