Logo

Alternator Belt & Impeller Part Numbers

lalijaca

I have 340HP Marine Power 350CID with Multipoint EFI, in a 2007 boat. I am chasing the generic part numbers to replace the 2 x alternator belts and the raw water pump impeller.

For the belts, remove what you have and take it to a good (independent) auto parts store...they will be able to cross reference the number on it or measure it so you can buy spares.

regarding the water pump, remove the one you have and look on the cover...it will have the manufacturer's name and model number; from there its just an internet search...

Thanks MakoMark,I was hoping someone already new the belt cross reference part numbers. As for the impeller, I will look at the pump and find the model and search from there.

Belt driven sea water pump???

(example photo only)

Or crankshaft style pump???

You say "2 x alternator belts" ...... are these V-belts???

1. Its a crank shaft driven raw water pump.

2. The 2 x alternator belts are V Belts.

3. Can I leave work early?
  1. OK.... we're slowly getting there. :rolleyes:

Which brand pump...... Johnson, Old Jabsco or Sherwood?

Johnson (four cover screws) and Jabsco (six cover screws) impellers are spline driven.
    The Sherwood impeller is shaft key driven.

There are two pump volumes with the Johnson and Jabsco.
    Use caution when purchasing an impeller for either large volume pumps. These look very similar, but they are NOT!

2. Remove the V-belts and take them with you to an auto parts dealer.
    They can cross reference the p/n, and/or match them up for you.

3. If boat related.... yes! You have my permission! :D

Here are the Johnson pumps.
The F5B-9 is the smaller volume..... the F6B-9 is the larger volume pump.

The old Jabsco pump has been replaced with the F5B-9 and/or F6B-9 pump.
I can't find a photo, but the cover will be similar to this 6 screw cover plate.
images

Here is a Sherwood pump.

Hi Rick,I will have a look and confirm what the pumps are. Thanks heaps for the photos. Should make telling the pumps easier.

NOTE and FYI:
The old Jabsco large volume pump impellers are very similar to the Johnson large volume pump impellers.
Blade count, diameter and shaft drive are the same..... but it stops here!

If you have the Jabscos, their impeller measures 1.990" in depth.
If you have the Johnsons, their impellers measure 1.900" in depth.

This .090" difference in depth can get people into trouble.... and parts counter guys often get this wrong.

Back