Logo

BF 150 not cranking/starting and no power to the gauges

Yeah,did the engine oil and lower unit lube when put into storage. VST was just removed and cleaned,new filters,etc. How does water enter the flywheel cavity anyway? Is there ant other way aside from being fully submerged.? Keeping my fingers crossed also.
thanks,
jerry

Yes, it can come in through the shift shaft seal or the vertical shaft seal....happens especially if the motor is not rigged at proper height and water keeps driving against the seals.

Water could have gotten in just from the motor being tilted all the way down and waves hitting it constantly.....and water made its way past the powerhead gasket.

Probably several other ways too.

Mike

Ok,so its possible the electronics and upper part of the motor weren't exposed the being submerged in salt. Now I'm really keeping my fingers and toes crossed. I'll keep you posted.
cheers,
Jerry

Well just to update the thread,it fired up after a full tune up. Sounds great on the muffs. Put on the prop the motor came with,dropped it in the water for a shakedown cruise and put the gear leaver into froward and the motor went into reverse?? Turns out the looser sent me a counter rotating propeller! Just found a like new Michigan Wheels Apollo 4 blade SS prop, 14 5/8 X 16 P. Next shakedown is this weekend. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Back