Logo

Video - 1986 DT200 - How does it sound to you?

Clymer manual (which sucks ass in other respects) gives max rpms for DT200 5000-5600rpm and 600-700rpm for idle. My engine does below 5000rpm, maybe 4500rpm on tacho, but I think the tacho gives uncorrect (too low) value. Suspect it, because it gives near 0rpm for idle while it runs normally. But I also think that the propeller is a bit on high side also for me, as my boat was originally Flipper 640HT, but was extended with factory made hull extension to 7.9m. So I think the prop was okay for 640HT, but a too high for "790HT".

Anyhows, good luck with your boat. I have a boat enthusiast here at work (welds cracked blocks, lower cases, rebuilds damaged goods, builds his own fiber class boats) and he said that Suzuki is The Mercedes Benz of the lakes. Always doesn't feel like it, but I like that thought.

Capt.

I realize this is a very old thread, and hopefully I won't get flamed too bad for resurrecting it :) But it was just such a good, helpful thread I thought I would come back and let folks know this engine is still running super strong and very reliable for me after all these years. So much so, that I moved up to the lake and go fishing at least once a week now :) I live about 90 seconds from the boat ramp and keep the boat across the street. So I'm out all the time. And this old zuke just keeps on running.

I did re-prop it and she sounds so much healthier now. Runs at a much better top end RPM .. much closer to 5000 and she's much less thirsty than she used to be.

Anyway, thanks again all for all the great help!

Chris

Back