Logo

Tohatsu 90ma Prop help

Scd2747

I have a Tohatsu 90hp 2 stroke. I have never had any issues with it and it has been running great . Last trip out I hit an oyster bed which in return damaged the prop. I went to my local prop shop and they quoted 60 to fix it but i bought another one in the mean time. The new prop is a PowerTech Yamaha v-4 15PA 13 1/2 x 15. I was assured this prop is EXACTLY the same prop. When i put this on the boat has dropped in speed what feels like 5+ mph, has a slight shake and when throttle is slowed down i can here a funny noise of like a slowed down gear.

I am picking my old prop today but i just feel this is not the same prop whatsoever. Even on the ride how with the old damaged prop i had NONE of these symptoms. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Odds are you have more pitch than you used to. What pitch was your original prop? Any reason why you didn't get a Tohatsu prop instead of the PowerTech? Did the PowerTech have any special hub bits to mount it? Then too, it's always possible that you got a defective unit...

Back