Logo

Jetting

Bumpsteer

I have a Ted Williams 15 hp, runs great at lower elevations, I need to lean the carb out for use in higher elevations, where can I get and how do I change the jetting?

boy thats a tuff one, Tecumseh emission carb jets are fixed and the numbering system is a enigma, wrapped in a riddle, surrounded by mystery...maybe a 9.9 carb or power jet...about the same size as a 7.5 on jet size from what I can see, I have several 9.9 carbs cleaned ready for new stuff...will part with one for going $ send PM

their numbered but...a #62 could be a number #65 or a #59 depending on year...check your bowl nut for stamped number and let me know what you got...I may be able to guess at it but chances are its standard OE one size fits all 15hp's, but like I said best guess would be a 9.9 jet...its amazing the size dif on the emission jets between 9.9 and 15hp

you may be able to tune the idle fuel jet in more, factory spec was one full turn out from soft bottom, I geuss I would try and cut that back to almost closed, maybe a 1/4 turn out from bottom to get a good idle in gear at slow???

Back