Logo

318 reverse rotation already assembled

........... I would think the offset would also flipflop... to stay equial... now I am really confused on how they go... notch to the back .. squirt holes out... notch to the front.. squirt holes in... wrist pin offset the same on both sides unless I reverse the the notch and F on one side.. one to the front, one to the back...
No offense, but I think that you are in way over your head on this.

It absolutely ran perfect when I took it out... and was so quiet the raw water pump made more noise than the engine....
Why did you take this engine apart?

wish I had paid just a little closer attention when I took the pistons out as far a the notch goes... I have them laid out to go back in the same cylinder.. but this notch, F, offset, chamfer crap is about to put me over the edge...

If you think that this is "crap" then throw it back together as you wish.

to answer you question... I took it apart because it was full of SALTWATER...now.... I have had a brain fart... I guess because I was looking at it upside down it what had me so confused... now.. with the F&Notch facing rear.. the squirt hole DOES FACE THE CAMSHAFT... !! yea.. got that one figured out.. .. now that puts the pistons with in the cylinders with the wrist pin offset the same way on both sides of the engine... will that fly... F to the rear... squirt to the cam... offset the same on both banks because all the pistons are exactly the same... ??? right???? the little inline 4 banger Yoda22R is much much simpler to work on...js...lol

Last edited:
thanks for the vote of "in over my head " confidence... sorry.. I was only confused in "which way the notch goes"... until I started listening to all this great advice about wrist pin offset and squirt hole and chamfer... why would I have to even consider any of that being I had just tore down a brand new NAPA Marine Engine.... I would pretty much believe they had it right in the first place.. my question was plain and simple... which way does the damn notch and F turn.. Not my first motor rebuild .. and no I'm not a Gold Level Contributor ... but I also don't try to make a mountain out of a mole hill ... the easy answer was... Notch to the Back... F to the back..... man that was simple...

to answer you question... I took it apart because it was full of SALTWATER...now.... I have had a brain fart... I guess because I was looking at it upside down it what had me so confused...
now.. with the F&Notch facing rear.. the squirt hole DOES FACE THE CAMSHAFT... !! yea.. got that one figured out.. .. now that puts the pistons with in the cylinders with the wrist pin offset the same way on both sides of the engine... will that fly... F to the rear... squirt to the cam... offset the same on both banks because all the pistons are exactly the same... ??? right????

Yes, that is what we've been trying to tell you from the get-go!

thanks for the vote of "in over my head " confidence... sorry.. I was only confused in "which way the notch goes"... until I started listening to all this great advice about wrist pin offset and squirt hole and chamfer... why would I have to even consider any of that being I had just tore down a brand new NAPA Marine Engine.... I would pretty much believe they had it right in the first place.. my question was plain and simple... which way does the damn notch and F turn.. Not my first motor rebuild .. and no I'm not a Gold Level Contributor ... but I also don't try to make a mountain out of a mole hill ... the easy answer was... Notch to the Back... F to the back..... man that was simple...

From the number of questions and the type of questions that you posted, I believe that we answered you accordingly.
Anyway, I'm glad that you now have it figured out.

Back