Logo

Procedure to reset ECM

Skooter

Advanced Contributor
I need to reset codes,I know there is a way with the kill switc, Ive seen it somewhere but cant findit.Someone please help me

Clearing Fault Codes (Copied from Honda Dude)
Essentially, to clear the codes, you operate the kill switch 5 times with the shunt (shorting device, or paper clip) in place and within 20 seconds of the key switch being on.

I recommend grabbing the safety lanyard very close to the switch that it is attached to so you can pull it to off and push it to on without losing the lanyard.

· Connect the shunting device (technical term for paper clip.)
· Turn on the key switch.
· Pull the safety switch to off, then push to on, then pull to off, then push to on, then pull to off, then push to on, then pull to off, then push to on, then pull to off. That should be five times off and on and off within 20 seconds from when you turn the key switch to on. When you get to the fifth time off...you should hear one or two beeps. The codes are clear. If you did not hear the beeps, try again.
· Turn the key switch off

Remove the shunting device and run the engine. Then check for codes again.

Clearing Fault Codes (Copied from Honda Dude)
Essentially, to clear the codes, you operate the kill switch 5 times with the shunt (shorting device, or paper clip) in place and within 20 seconds of the key switch being on.

I recommend grabbing the safety lanyard very close to the switch that it is attached to so you can pull it to off and push it to on without losing the lanyard.

· Connect the shunting device (technical term for paper clip.)
· Turn on the key switch.
· Pull the safety switch to off, then push to on, then pull to off, then push to on, then pull to off, then push to on, then pull to off, then push to on, then pull to off. That should be five times off and on and off within 20 seconds from when you turn the key switch to on. When you get to the fifth time off...you should hear one or two beeps. The codes are clear. If you did not hear the beeps, try again.
· Turn the key switch off

Remove the shunting device and run the engine. Then check for codes again.
Where do you put the shunting device ( paperclip)?

Open the document I sent and look at the picture. Read the instructions. It's the red plug in the middle of the picture.

Back