Logo

Suzuki 1993 200hp....trim/tilt problem

wjob

1. The engine trim/tilt has not been used for 3/4 years and for the last year the engine was laying on it's side. If I hit the up button it goes up about 2/3 inches and won't go any further even though the motor is still trying. It won't go back down unless I unscrew the manual release valve about 1/2 turn, then it will but I'm not able to lift it by hand, even if I unscrew the manual release the full two turns as directed by the manual? I'm trying to lift it all the way up up so I can take out the fluid plug to determine whether lack of fluid is the problem (manual says not to take plug out till motor is all the way up)? Feels like something holding the motor down, not able to lift up at all? Afraid to put too much pressure on it for fear my wooden engine stand will give way. Any thoughts on why I can't lift it up after I have unscrewed the manual release the two turns?

Also, Is the trim tilt mechanism on the 1993 200hp inter changeable with the mechanism from either a 1986 or 1987 150hp Suzuki? Also, does the engine have to be on a stand (off the boat) to swap out the trim/tilt, is it a big job? Thanks

Back