Logo

Minn Kota Endura 30lbs

Resto56

Hi i am new here and i just got my self a inflatable boat Seahawk 4 and made a motor mount and went out and got myself a used Minn Kota 30lbs thrust motor well i took it to the lake just this weekend and went around for about 20 minutes next thing the motor don't work at first and than it starts to work but only reverse works and than when i turn it to go forward i have to turn it a make it be between first and second and it works but i have no 2,3,4,5 anymore i have no clue on what it could be the only thing i can think off is that the gears are going bad and this guy did not told me but if anyone has the same problem please let me know.

i am not familiar with that motor but i doubt if there is any gears involved....the switch probably controls the speed by changing the current used in the motor..reverse is probably just reversed polarity...the switch assy may just need cleaning out by spraying with a good contact cleaner...the other possibility is a leaking seal and water is in the motor...if it works for a while and then quits next time out then that is what i would suspect...be prepared for a rusty mess if that is the case when you crack the motor open...

Back